WHAT IS CANNABIS?
Cannabis, famously known as marijuana is a mind and mood altering drug reaped from the Cannabis plant, especially used for recreational and medicinal purposes. The most common types of marijuana plants are the Cannabis indica — are short with wide leaves, harvested for its seeds, fibre and hashish, found in India and known for its relaxing component, Cannabis sativa — known for energizing, are tall with thin leaves, harvested for its seeds and fibre and found in Eurasia and Western Europe and the Hybrid — is more balanced and a combination of sativa and indica plants.
There are over 100 identified compounds, called cannabinoids. Each cannabinoid has distinctive medicinal effects and benefits. Centered on most studies done, the core components of marijuana are cannabinol (CBN), tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD).THC is linked with cravings and euphoric feelings, CBD gives the feeling of well-being and relaxation: they balance and work together as equilibrium and CBN aids in eliminating inflammation and pain without causing any damage to the kidneys, it is an antioxidant and is between CBD and THC.
WHAT IS A CHRONIC PAIN?
Chronic pain is pain that persists in one’s body for more than 3 months despite getting treatment or medication for it. This pain arises without any history of an operation or injury and can be so severe that it may render a person incapable of working.
There are many chronic pains medications currently in the market to aid in enduring severe pain management. Opioids are one of them; these are powerful drugs that eases pain by working on the nervous system. They have been known to have major withdrawal symptoms and are extremely addictive, some of these opioids are codeine, hydrocodone, morphine, hydromorphone, meperidine and oxymorphone to name a few. Some side effects experienced by users are rapid heart rate, nausea, dizziness, constipation, sedation, vomiting, addition, memory issues, respiratory depression and a high tolerance to the drug.
This is part of the reason cannabis is a better option to use when in prolonged pain as it is proven to be relatively safe and less addicted when taken in moderation. The use of this specific marijuana strains for pain and other symptoms cannot be medically verified due to the limited research on this herb but are globally used as a substitute to off- the-counter pain relievers.
BENEFITS OF USING CANNABIS
- Affordable: Pocket friendly and inexpensive compared to prescribed medicine.
- Safer:Lessside effects
- Significant pain reduction: acts as an anti-inflammatory giving significant pain relief for joint pains like arthritis.
- Mend bones: strengthens bones, hastens the process of healing broken/ fractured bones.
- Prevention of certain diseases: regulates and prevent diabetes.
- Acts as an anti-emetic: decreases nausea and vomiting related with cancer treatments.
- Decline in opioid usage: better pain management due to the blocking of pain signals moderated by the cannabinoids.
- Reduced systematic inflammation and neuropathic pain: acts as anti-oxidant, fighting stress and reduces symptoms of conditions like fibromyalgia, lupus and hyperalgesia (an abnormally heightened pain response).
- Acts as an anti-psychotic drug: easing signs of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety.
- Acts as a neuro-protector: helps in slowing down the advancement of neurological diseases and disorders such as Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
- Improved mood and sleep patterns: giving better quality of life which in turn results in a happier and more controlled style of living.
WAYS OF CONSUMING CANNIBIS
Cannabis can be taken in the following ways:
- Smoking /Gravity bongs
- Vaping /Dabbing
They are medical and synthetic marijuana in the market, it is imperative to research further on this topic before partaking and substituting the prescribed painkiller. Whatever chronic pain you may suffer from, cannabis has been proven to be able to alleviate serious discomfort and aid in managing the pain. Though not legalized in many countries, it is a less addictive, safer and a more affordable choice of pain medication to take.
High quality weed available :- https://shiva.buzz/